Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Break the Rules & Be the Change


It's a damn shame that I have to be up at 4:30am but I am still WIDE AWAKE. So what better way to flush the days issues than a good ol' fashioned rant, lol. Sometimes I can come up with a concept and sometimes I just have to run and rattle off what's in my head at the moment so you all are going to be privy to the latter.

As I have stated before my 2010 went out with a whimper and not the usual BANG that brings in the New Year; partly because I have a lot of unfinished business from twenty ten. Slowly but surely things will get knocked down one by one and that’s my primary focus right now.

I have never been a big fan of rules because usually they have been developed for one of two reasons:

1. At some point a policy wasn’t made a policy until it was first a tragedy that could have been avoided with guidance. It didn’t NEED to be a rule it just needed foresight, over-watch and most importantly supervision.

2. Someone made a RULE because the outcome of a situation didn’t fit their need. So they decided to change the conditions and call them "rules".

In any event this is typical BS that happens everyday and that is my reason (right or wrong) for not giving a damn about most rules. I tend to use the common sense factor when attacking a situation. When you think about it, who are the rules really for? Let's take for example the issue in Chicago where it is against the law to have a hand gun. Now for all intents and purposes you have understand that this particular law doesn’t really matter to the career criminal. They will have guns anyway and even more so because they KNOW that if you are a law abiding citizen that you won't be able to defend yourself. This is just one example of the typical "Flawed law" or "Rules with no Reason".

Now I will divert from that for a second to talk about personal accountability and acceptance of the BS. Once again I will reference my boy Q-Maurice on this one. (You can check his blog by clicking on his name.) We frequently have this discussion and not because we debate the issue, it's because we whole-heartedly agree that you have 2 choices in life:

1. To accept things the way that they are or….

2. Accept the responsibility of changing them.

Now to caveat that I will add this: Become the change that you want to see in the world. Seems like a deep statement huh? Well think about it like this. If you set the example, someone is bound to follow and the next thing you know there is an epidemic of common sense rampant in America, lol. (We can all dream can't we).

Well that’s all I have for today. Now I will say this……….this is NOT an outcry for total and utter Anarchy. I am telling NO ONE to break the rules. Just remember that before you make a "new" rule check to see if it's REALLY necessary.




No comments: