Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 With a Whimper not a BANG!

It's so funny that my first blog of 2011 will be about how tragically uneventful my 2010 was. Don't get me wrong.............I was tested in ways that I could not have imagined (more to follow on details later) even possible. My gripe is that will all of the hoopla that came with 2010 personal, professional, celebrity, politics, you name it. It disappeared with not so much as a fizzle.
To add insult to injury, I was confined to Augusta GA for the New Years Eve celebrations. That will NEVER happen again as long as I can help it.

See with me (and maybe it is just me), for every New Year celebration that I have been to there was a feeling of accomplishment, relief, joy or even sadness to see the year end and the new one begin. This time I
felt ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. They counted down, everyone screamed Happy New Year and they even dropped 9 balloons. It was so drastically uneventful that I had to look at my partner Q and ask for confirmation as I shrugged my shoulders "Anything?" I asked. He replied with "Nope, not at all."

So now I am mentally stuck wondering if 2011 is not so much of a new year but 2010.1. Just a new version of the madness that was 2010 for me. I know there are various parts of my life that I would really rather would have left and closed out in 2010 however I understand that the world doesn't always revolve around me. I can say that whatever course I choose I need to hit the ground running. Up my supplements, get on my diet (NATE HELP!!!) and prepare for battle every day that the Lord sees fit to allow me to wake.

For some strange reason I can smell the rain in the air and the leaves are turned upside down (its a Midwest thing), I know that a storm is coming............no correction THE STORM is coming. I won't run from it, as a matter of fact I plan to face this head on. Once again I am back on my BS, I am the end product of what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. Welcome to the year of the All American Bad Boy!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ditto